T W I N
C I T I E S
C R E A T I O N
S C I E N C E
A S S O C I A T I O N
We write letters... and occasionally get published!!)
- "March 29, 1982, The intellectual hold of evolution is a mystery not explained by its feeble evidence.
by Ross Olson
- "July 26, 1983, Dr. Singer claims that a normal animal is more valuable than a defective human, a view that grows naturally out of an evolutionary root.
by Ross Olson
- "August - November, 1985, correspondence with a very bright teen aged girl who thinks Christianity is based only on blind faith.
by Ross Olson
5/11/1986 Stephen Jay Gould has the intellectual courage to articulate at least some of the consequences of his world view.
- March 7, 1987 "Is death just a part of life in a Christian world view?"
by Ross Olson
- "July 26, 1987 Letter to a Medical School Professor about Intelligent Design"
by Ross Olson
- Information 1988 Ultimately, the universe is information for it is from the mind of God.
- Christianity Today on Origins 1988 Christianity Today asked why Christians cannot agree on origins.
- "How Did God Create?" The strong anti-supernatural bias of the scientific and academic establishments makes it nearly impossible for an outspoken maverick to rise in the ranks.
by Ross Olson
- May 13, 1990 Stephen Jay Gould is brilliant and skates close to the truth but misses it.
by Ross Olson
- "ASA's Mid Life Crisis"
The American Scientific Affiliation (which moved to long age affirmation in the 1940's) in its 50th Anniversary edition (1991) already showed the effects of "spiritual entropy"
by Ross Olson, Published in ASA Perspectives
- "Archaeopteryx could not be the ancestor of all birds even if evolution made sense."
by Ross Olson
- A Letter to Time: To be fooled by a fraud does not discredit a whole community.
- Natural Selection, May 10, 1998 Somehow, natural selection is seen as a creative force.
- Computer Evolution 9/30/1998 Creating a computer game that evolves is so far from proving naturalistic evolution that to claim it is either devious or deluded.
- "Ask Marilyn" 3/99
by Dave Stolzmann, Marilyn vos Savant is a very bright columnist who writes for Parade Magazine. You get logic unless you ask about evolution.
- "Big Bang" 4/99
by Dave Stolzmann, "How can extrapolation involved in the Big Bang be considered reasonable when we know so little of what goes on now in the sun?"
- "Electronic Evolution" 9/99
by Dave Stolzmann, Articles on "Electronic Evolution" are Misleading and Probably Frankly Dishonest.
- "Errors in the Bible?" 11/99
by Dave Stolzmann, Attacks on the Bible as unscientific are often done sloppily.
- "Kansas Board Of Education Decision"
by Tom Willis, Published in USA Today
- "Meet the Press: Creation vs Evolutionism in the Media (and the academic culture) A Scientific Theory"
by Tom Willis
The misrepresentation of Tom Willis since his letter in USA Today.
- Opposed to Kansas Decision:
Evolutionist objection to the Kansas Board of Education decision
- In favor of Kansas Decision:My response to the above article.
- "Monkeys With Laptops"
by Dave Stolzmann, Can Millions Of Monkeys Do It With Laptops? [Published in the Stillwater Minnesota Gazette]
- See An Article About A Teacher Removed for Doubting Darwin,
And A Response by Ross Olson
- "250 Million Years Is A Long Time"
by Ross Olson, Letter To Star Tribune, about the bacteria sealed in grains of salt alledgedly 250 million years old. Published November 8, 2000
- A Response To Hugh Ross' December 2001 Letter To His Supporters
by Ross Olson, Dr. Hugh Ross is a sincere but misguided teacher whose ideas seem liberating to some but are a stumbling block to many more.
- A Letter to Prentice Hall Publishers by Bryan Olson, Science teacher Bryan Olson finds the new Prentice Hall Life Science text to contain Ernst Haeckel's discredited embryo drawings and the infamous peppered moth example as proof of evolution.
- A Letter to Cleveland Plain Dealer by Hugh R. Miller, Ohio's Board of Education struggles with the question of whether to keep the evidence against evolution out of the Science Standards for the state.
- A Letter to Newsweek by Bryan Olson, Science teacher Bryan Olson questions the legitimacy of the expressed fears of evolutionists that teaching Intelligent Design will lower the quality of science education since Newton, Pasteur and others were ID advocates.
- A Letter to Physics Today 6/2002 by Dave Stoltzmann regarding their "open forum" on creation and intelligent design. For the original opinion pieces from Physics Today click HERE and for the letters that followed, click HERE.
- A Letter to Time 11/2002 by Ross Olson, Time Magazine dared show prenatal development in all its complexity, but implied that the early stages are less than human using Haeckel's discredited conclusions.
- Minnesota Science Standards 11/2003 by Bryce Gaudian, Mr. Gaudian writes all the members of the Minnesota Science Standards Committee.
- Intelligent Design in the Classroom by Ross Olson, There are several misconceptions about intelligent design, and they are not the result of ignorance.
- NEA Opposes Real Education National Education Association Opposition to Intelligent Design is neither logical nor wise. by Bryan Olson
- Naive Evolutionists 8/2005 Does green growing things in the back of your refrigerator prove spontaneous generation? byRoss Olson
- Anti-Intellectual? 8/2005 Teaching Intelligent Design is portrayed as anti-intellectual when the truth is the exact opposite. by Ross Olson
- Evolutionary Hypocracy 10/2005 Attorney Paul Baertschi evolutionists' attempts to keep Intelligent Design out of the classroom to be hypocritical.
- Where There's A Will, There's Sometimes a Won't George Will's tirade about Intelligent Design lacks his usual logic and clear thinking. by Ross Olson
- Darwin nearly had it right about the Galapagos finches. 11/2005 by Ross Olson
- Runestone Rehabilitation 1/2006 The Kensington Runestone is undegoing academic rehabilitation after knee jerk rejection in the past. It leads to very interesting conclusions about the ice age. by Ross Olson
- False Confidence 3/2006 National Geographic thinks that a fantastic chemical evolution scenario puts intelligent design to rest. by Ross Olson
- Dinosaur Shocker 4/2006 Mary Schweitzer who found soft tissue in T rex bones is a Christian and says the bones must be about 65 million yers old because that is what the geologists say, but common sense would question that assumption. by Ross Olson
- The Good Fall? 5/2006 John McIntyre thinks Adam had to sin to achieve the full image of God. How low can theistic evolution go? by Ross Olson
- Dishonest Museum 8/2006 The Denver Museum of Nature and Science is blatantly dishonest about the evidence for and against evolution, but they are just one of the bunch.by Ross Olson
- Evolutionists in Wonderland 10/2006 It is not lack of evolutionary teaching that is hindering scientific innovation in America but precisely the opposite.by Ross Olson
- Design 10/2006 We recognize design in an arrowhead and Morse Code, why not in the infinitely more complex structures of living things? By
- Indoctrination 1/2007 People indoctrinated in evolution sincerely believe illogical and unscientific things and are ignorant of crucial evidence against bacteria to bacteriologist evolution. By
- Restrictive Society 5/2007 China has inhibited scientific creativity by its lack of political freedom, but the United States practices suppression of academic freedom. By Ross Olson
- The Other Side 5/2007 The creation evolution issue seems to have only one side because the other side has been declared rubbish. By Ross Olson
- Confusion About Origins 6/2007 There seems to be a great deal of confusion about evolution, science, intelligent design, proof and faith. By Ross Olson
- Global Warming 6/2007 Should the evidence against human activity as the cause of global warming be censored? By Ross Olson
- Appendix 10/2007 A news item portrays surprise that a function has been found for the appendix. By Ross Olson
- Albatross 12/2007 National Geopgraphic has an albatross hanging across its neck. By Ross Olson
- Gospel in the Stars Critique 12/2007 Answers Magazine critiques the concept of the zodiac being originally an object lesson in the sky used for the recalling of stories portraying the gospel prophecies, but they do not look at the most convincing material. By Ross Olson
- Modern Physics 12/2007 Creationists seem to fall into the same trap as the 16th Century church -- tying itself to a popular scientific theory. By Ross Olson
- P.Z. Myers and "Expelled" 3/2008P. Z. Myers was not allowed into a preview of the movie "Expelled" and claims hypocrisy, but his own words illustrate the point of the movie that he wants to censor all his opponents. Two letters to a St. Paul Pioneer Press columnist by Bryan Olson
- Miscast 3/2008Richard Dawkins and P.Z. Myers complain that they were interviewed under false pretenses in the film "Expelled" yet they only repeated their widely published opinions and confirmed the thesis that censorship is rampant when evolution is discussed. By Ross Olson
- Science Friday Does National Public Radio air both sides of the evolution debate? By Ross Olson
- Devolution 7/2008 Newsweek falls into the trap of believing as true all the hopeless dreams of evolutionary scientists that we are getting better and better. By Ross Olson
- Media Bias 8/2008 Media always get something wrong about a story, sometimes minor but sometimes wildly off. By Ross Olson
- Green Requires CO2 5/2009 Carbon dioxide is essential to life and it is irrational to call it a pollutant. High levels of it induce increased plant growth and the production of oxygen. By Ross Olson
- Free Speech? 5/2009 The Star Tribune erroneously thinks that universities promote free speech and critical thinking, probably because all their ideas are given free reign. By Ross Olson
- Debate 1: 11/2009 The debate regarding intelligent design in the schools was courteous and free of personal attacks and should serve as an example to the blogosphere. By Ross Olson
- Debate 2: 11/2009 The second round of followup to the debate. By Ross Olson
- Debate 3: 11/2009 The third round of followup to the debate. By Ross Olson
- Debate 4: 11/2009 The fourth round of followup to the debate. By Ross Olson
- Debate 5: 11/2009 PZ Myers proposes a contest on papers regarding Hitler and Darwin, judged by himself. A better alternative is an on line debate with the authors critiquing each other's papers.. By Ross Olson
- Climategate 12/2009 Climate change is touted as a closed case and even evidence of suppression of contrary evidence does not deter supporters from continuing to believe. By Ross Olson
- Humility 1/2010 Creationists need humility as much as evolutionists and those trained in modern physics have trouble considering anything out of the mainstream even if it has powerful predictive power. By Ross Olson
- Both Sides 3/2010 It is good educational policy to allow students to see different points of view on a subject. By Ross Olson This letter was publisher in the Star Tribune on 3/26/10
- Both Sides 1/2011 A writer claims that because there are many natural miscarriages, abortion is only a drop in the bucket. The missing point is on a different track completely -- the human genome is deteriorating, as noted by J. C. Sanford in his book Genetic Entropy. By Ross Olson This letter was publisher in the Star Tribune on 3/26/10
- "Stewing About Stem Cells" 4/2011 by Ross Olson Professor Wagner writes a very unscientific article clarifying that his support of embryonic stem cell research is not scientific.
- Memes 4/2011 Memes have been invented by Richard Dawkins as a modern equivalent to The Emperor's New Clothes, and reporters think they are beautiful. By Ross Olson
- "Nurturing Neighbors" 4/2011 by Ross Olson The environmental utopia is only explained by the Christian-Biblical worldview. Star Tribune published an edited version of this letter on 4/24/2011. I wrote them about the editing.
- "Ignorance" 8/2011 by Ross Olson Dawkins thinks failure to accept Darwin represents ignorance when education actually leads one away from evolution.
- "Dumber by Degrees" 3/2012 by Ross Olson The entrance requirement for many academic fields is affirmation of the “rules of the guild.
- "Lying for a Good Cause" 3/2012 by Ross Olson Star Tribune sees the wrong in Mike Daisy lying to enhance his story but fails to make the call when it is regularly done to build a case for evolution.
- "What is Science?" 4/2012 by Ross Olson In most science reporting, evolution is equated with science, which is ironic since the scientific evidence goes against it.
- "How I Evolved Into A Young Earth Creationist" 8/2012 by Ross Olson My personal journey through skepticism back to Biblical creation, this time backed by scientific evidence. This was published by the Star Tribune on 8/1/2012.
- "Well Preserved" 8/2012 by Ross Olson A critic of the above paper does not see the incongruity of preserved tissue in fossils allegedly over 60 million years old.
- "Quantum Mechanics" 10.2012 by Ross Olson Jonathan Sarfati is almost always right but on this one he is dead wrong. There is a better explanation for the issues thought to need it and it is a serious issue because than quantum mechanics undermines logic and rational thought.
- "Tracks" 6/2013 by Ross Olson In discussing the Paluxy River tracks, the work of Helfinstine and Roth should at least be acknowledged and discussed.
- "Educational Philosophy" by Ross Olson It is possible to ignore the questions, Where do I
come from? Why am I here? and What is the meaning of life? but the entire curriculum will still be based on a set of unacknowledged answers to those questions.
- "Instinct vs Intelligence" by Ross Olson Did intelligence evolve multiple times? The intelligent answer would say it is impossible -- even once.
- "Consensus Science" 2/9/2015 by Ross Olson Consensus is touted as the confirmation of a scientific hypothesis or theory, yet at times, the majority, even the majority of experts, has been wrong.
- "Debate, Not Doubt" 3/17/2015 by Ross Olson Because mainstream science can be wrong, doubters and their evidence must not be disqualified from the debate and ulterior motives must be recognized amoung the mainstreamers.
If one side of an issue is ruled out of bounds, there can be no debate and if the science is on the side of the doubters, then consensus science is anti-science.
- "Climate Change" 3/17/2015 by Ross Olson Dissenting opinions in any field will be excluded and persecuted untill there is a change of generations.